Let’s be honest, Yoga can be very overwhelming. The choice of styles and studios varies so much that can be very confusing and might put you off the practice.
Here are my 5 tips to start your yoga journey:
1. Explore different style classes – I truly believe yoga is for everyone, and as everyone is different, not one class/teacher fits all. Find a studio/teacher that makes you feel welcome, guided and safe.
2. Leave self-judgment and expectations out of the door – it’s so easy to compare your practice to other students during a group class. Everyone is on a different life path and yoga is certainly not a race, there is no finish line. Give yourself time, be kind to yourself and trust the process, everything will come at the right time.
3. Go to workshops – Workshops are great to explore the practice more in details and gain enough knowledge to start your practice safely.
4. Take a 1-2-1 session before you sign up to a group class – I believe that Yoga needs to be explained before practiced. 99% of the times we come across Yoga through the practice, but really Yoga is “on the mat” as much “off the mat”. It’s important to know why we do what we do.
5. Be playful and expect the unexpected – find that inner child that is in you and don’t be afraid to TRY something IF you feel is the right choice for you. Listen to your body and modify the practice as you need. There is no better teacher that yourself, the only person who knows what best for you, guess what? Is YOU.
I am hosting a second Beginner Workshop on Tuesday 19th of Jan at 6.30pm (GMT) – (90mins on Zoom) where we are going to explore Asana foundation (Yoga poses) and a short introduction of Yoga philosophy.
Every person who will join the workshop will receive a 50% discount on 1-2-1 session with me (In person or Online, choice is yours :).
You know what they say, NEW YEAR NEW YOU, so make sure you start on the right path.
Book the Beginner workshop online, alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any question.
Can’t wait to start this journey with you and help you discover your full potential.
Loads of Love,